Monday, August 31, 2020

I departed Hate book, but seem addicted....

  I do seem to want to be about communicating with the good folks out there, many I know and like hearing from.  But Face book decided that I am evil and wants to ban me, or so it seems. They don't want to just provide a platform, they won't toss everyone that uses vulgar words, depending on numbers of youngsters with potty mouths, but we all seem to add to the noise and confusion. Confusion because so many things accepted by modern society aren't good for the people. Prime example is abortion, it is immoral just as slavery was. 

   I get a haircut today, my wife has become insistent, she cuts it to her satisfaction and what ever it is - is perfect. Some will always grow back, and I no longer need to impress other people - I am not selling anything. She lapses into Korean when ever she is unsatisfied, that is perfect since I don't want to know how terrible I am, I would especially hate to hear vulgar language and an upset woman in any language. My mother and grandmothers never used it, never heard it from my aunts. but they grew up in a kinder more respectful era. Time passes on an everyone has permission to be offensive, cruel and stupid - putting down to make one self great, cool, smart-???.  

  I did join the protest and told Land O'Lakes off. I am sad they came out against Indian maidens and removed the icon. They are a cooperative, but hire fools in advertising. The poor lady I talked to jotted down my quest for justice. I really love their whipped butter, will have to explore alternatives - hoping they make a genaric to sell to the military we  buy a lot of great things that way. I felt sad for the lady wiped off the logo, and for the lady that answered my complaint, not because I was offensive but because she was a proud worker and feels betrayed by management (many if us do), but she said many have told her about that logo change. No one wants to live in a beige world, do we? I looked it up, the governor is praising the move, not knowing much about brand loyalty I would guess, she thinks no one is burning up Minneapolis. When you are wrong you can be surrounded by lots of good meaning but equally wrong folks. Well I will have more time to read Moby Dick and the leather stocking tales, won't I? They are still great books, although everyone wasn't woke in those days, ha.ha. Which reminds he of Minihaha and Hiawatha? Rabbit holes, think beige - paint it all beige.  

    

1 comment:

  1. Ironically, I just bought Land o Lakes at the commissary and it STILL had the indian maiden on the box! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete