Monday, May 20, 2013

Up before the Sun, here anyway.

Couldn't keep sleeping, I am such a failure. But at  three in my morning darkness, I know that it is after the Sun has risen on the Mohawk Valley and people in Boston are wandering to work - wondering where the Revolution went, although I hold that New England could never get as far from the Mother Country as they pretended. It isn't called New England because it is an island.

At church I was asked why all the Appleseed events are in Eastern Washington, I blamed the culture of Seattle, but that isn't totally true. Mostly, many shooters are comfortable with their skill level, firearms, their local ranges and are quiet law abiding folks with real lives. The Appleseed events depend on personal experience and participation. If you think you are doing fine, you don't need the AS, but if you don't want to be the last rifleman in Western Washington, the Appleseed Organization would appreciate your participation. The program needs to expand, must become a valued part of a normal life.

When I explained I was going to Idaho for an Appleseed event, and to Oregon next month, he had a better idea of the distance and what it takes to make it happen. Border raiders needed. Still checking on posting from another shooter I find he is blaming his improved performance in competition on his Appleseed experience. What is taught is sound, and the NRA and CMP have the same basic marksmanship, what I think sets the RWVA and Appleseed events apart for making Riflemen is the teaching, coaching and constant reinforcement of the steps, over and over.

Finally, the Sun also rises, and only FOX tells the news at  the same time across the Time Zones, how cool is that? Very, don't get three hour old stale news. I am researching plans and thoughts on a reloading bench. Today I visit the Home Depot for stuff, after mowing the backyard and back behind the fence. Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Yep, morning comes early the older we get... And thanks for helping out with all those Appleseeds!

    ReplyDelete