Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Don't you love moments of clarity? The lights go on...

I don't want to jinx myself, but I have been starting to feel normal, must be because I am adjusting to OLD, or it just takes a little longer to get better from terminal illness called life. But thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.

I have been spending way too much time on the computer and watching mindless television, watch enough and you are guaranteed the mindless. I mind less than I ever have in my life. Luckily my wife just thinks my hearing is gone a little farther away. She often forgives me, all my known faults.

I have mentioned before, Facebook, and the game CastleVille, the Government and why things don't work... or I think I have. But as I found myself discovering in the darkness of Gloom a new shadow, and there has been some foreshadowing of the new quest/adventure/efforts of the game designers to suck me into the impossible and their goal of making money from my participations.

They do offer the game free! They allow you cheap exploration to suck you into straying from your mission of cleaning up the other three areas of roots, slime, or rocks -- at the same time you are adventuring to re-float a pirate ship on an exotic island. That is a lot of stuff, and for some crowns (which you can pay real dollars for) you can cut corners and get on to the next big thing.

Well, I decided that time I have, so I opened up the block and found a giant. All I have to do is make his life feel worthy, so a magical birthday party is just the ticket. Which means diversions from the stock piling and creation of the weapons needed to destroy the bad guys and gals and GLOOM. Which are not really EVIL characters, they just love the Dark.

Since I was faintly listening to the news that Mitt Romney is a man that lies and could be a felon... the light came on. The game is the politics of our government. Free to play, lots of quests and adventures and 'feel good' moments and surges of fervor uniting the masses of mindless. EXACTLY. THE. SAME.

The rules of the game have never been read by me, I have read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, but the little sets of rules in business and work, the piles of regulations designed by the government and game designers are to be ignored, they only slow me down and divert my attention and energy from my objectives. Both the politicians and the game designers don't worry about my goals - they know if I had a life I wouldn't be paying attention to them. Kind of why the general information of not being cruel in your killing in combat, make sure that non-combatants aren't taken out of season -- is ignored in legal terminology, understand not wasting rounds on that that isn't threatening me or my operation. Sadly, the same self-centered thoughts mean I don't cuddle save nor comfort those that don't add to my immediate combat op. That can come after I win the battle and am cleaning up. AFTER.

The politicians in our (?) government, and the game designers will completely not miss my participation in their puzzle places, real or virtual. They are already sure they know and are the experts.... and the government keeps sinking into debt, more regulation and the game keeps having fewer players, fewer playing longer because of frustrating wading in muck and murk. The politicians and game designers believe that they will be in control and successful as they wear out the players patience. Have you had enough yet? They only want your money, participation, and if it all falls apart you can't blame them, because they were trying.


3 comments:

  1. Good point Earl, I'm going to go shooting this weekend and leave the TV off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took off and rode the Trusty Triumph, looking at real America. It does exist beyond the beltway and outside of the links to electronic communications. Real America works! There might be some time on the range in my life this weekend, coaching perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree! And I saw a pretty old Thumper today at work. 1969 model, old style cafe racer. Used but not abused, and the guy said he just loves it!

    ReplyDelete