Thursday, March 29, 2012

Taxation...

Tax Nation, tax sensation, tax information...

There is only one tax payer - and all those layers of government sucking his money and life away.

Do I have your attention yet?

Okay, LARGE OIL CORPORATION - let's make it STANDARD OIL - this is just for the discussion.

They find, refine and sell to a growing user base - a fuel that can be used for power.

Now, the government didn't find it, they didn't make it useful, they don't distribute it, but they do have a taxation POWER, which is not fueled by what STANDARD OIL produces but is fueled by the idea that their power would errode if STANDARD OIL's power from their successful product line weren't taxed MIGHTILY. So they, the government taxes the product, they tax the profit, they tax the workers, they tax management, they tax the consumers, they tax the exports, they tax the imports, they tax the reports.

Now, I know that someone in the government says we shouldn't support the industry by giving them tax breaks that they can use to make EVEN more money from their profits on their product. That it would be a subsidy.

I am just Earl, I filled my tank and it cost over sixty-five dollars, of which the government got a tax on each gallon sold. The government has already taxed my income from my job working for STANDARD OIL so I had less money to buy gasoline with, and since I own stock (that pays dividends from the profits of STANDARD OIL) I am taxed on that, too. I paid with a debit card, which makes the card company a profit from the fee for the transaction - which the government also taxed.

And the current, and past elected officials are sure that all those taxes aren't enough to make me the tax payer understand that I AM THEIR PROPERTY. I am, by law, not allowed to buy fuel that isn't taxed, I am not allowed to own shares in business that isn't taxed on its profit, that I am by law not allowed to use that fuel anyway I want...

So, in the end, I am sure it is not the evil LARGE OIL COMPANY that is the problem. It is the LARGER GOVERNMENT that thinks they own me and all my actions and all that I hold dear. You do understand that God doesn't ask for a tax on anything, just wants more love and my goodness. Which makes me happier? It isn't the LARGER GOVERNMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment