Friday, March 30, 2012

I just haven't figured it out yet...

I mean what is the draw to finding out if President Clinton wears boxers or briefs, about the time of that question my son was wearing both so he could hang is pants real low and expose the boxers. I had gone to Vietnam and found not wearing underwear very chic. It was for the airing of the skin, jungle rot is not kind to people in hot humid, fungal swampy areas, parts of people start to turn green (really!) and one doesn't always have proper medicine to scrub infected infested areas with. Heavens, I was on a firebase with four large self-propeller artillery pieces, an engineer platoon for water, mine clearing and keeping road and berms and bunkers built. We wore shirts when the brass or the Miss America contestants dropped in for a far too few minutes - they were worth the dressing up (no, I didn't mean the brass, not that they visited that often either).

I have seen The Hunger Games, I am happy that I waited until I had read the first book, the two different versions of the same story work pretty well. President Snow is just so misunderstood, and I am not that sure that the movie/entertainment people could see themselves portrayed so closely aligned with EVIL. I am not sure what is going to happen if enough youth read the books and decide that President Snow has to go.... Do you think there is a reason there are thirteen districts feeding the Capital?

1 comment: