Monday, July 29, 2019

So i-1639 went into effect on 1 July 2019... for fear of the few, and good intentions misdirected

  When I realized that the new (improved by fool committee and unknowing and not participating voters) anti-gun owners law was in effect it was time to buy an AR-15, that evil black rifle. So I quit my online wargame (March of Empires, War of Lords) of a couple years. And found my freedom again. Those lovely little distraction devices are almost as bad as drugs and alcohol used beyond moderation. 

Shooting KD at DRRC
    I went to our local Base Exchange where they sell firearms to military service connected people. They didn't have a 20 inch rifle, lots of 16 inch carbines. The helpful clerk told me I could order one and I found the one I liked and ordered it, after producing my Certification certificate for my firearms safety education. Colt AR-15A4 should provide a fine answer to my desire to help the new law overcome the fears of the few. Once I placed my order, 6 Jul 2019, I would have to wait for the rifle to arrive to continue the paperwork. On 26 July, I returned to the base to pick up a prescription. And I found during my stop by the firearms counter that my rifle had come in, I hadn't checked my messages on my telephone. So another helpful clerk went back to find my rifle and bring it out so I could handle it and start the additional paperwork. I filled out everything, then the clerk checked and we printed out the filled forms and they would be sent off electronically and kept with the purchase paperwork and rifle. My next event will be waiting for the cooling off period, ten working days, so on Saturday the 10th of August, I will be able to pay for and pick up my new rifle.
   Nicest thing about the waiting period, I can read more, order extra magazines and ammunition for the rifle. Which I did, so easily on the internet.
    I have been watching the CMP shooting events on the Facebook feed, lots of lovely stuff and great competition. I will not be joining their ranks, but will continue to work with RWVA at Appleseed events where we help train folks in rifle marksmanship safety and heritage. I am also a Life Member of the National Rifle Association, and love the magazine but not the politics at the Headquarters too close to the DC swamps. Isn't that like any place of power, the wrong folks go to claim leadership and then ruin the basic fine organization and apathy means that nothing changes. Pay attention and talk, write and vote. And since you know I think you should - get your rifle and the skills needed to be a citizen of Liberty.

3 comments:

  1. Washington State is getting crazy... Keep up the shooting and Appleseed and enjoy the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All for the fearful few, thanks to Billionaires buying a cause without any foundation in facts nor history. Shame I might have to move if the politicians don't get better here.

      Delete
  2. Hey Earl, Idaho or Montana r great this time of year child sure use a good hand like yourself out this way! Just got to move a little to the east 😎.
    Take care of yourself, enjoy the new colt when it gets there.

    ReplyDelete