Thursday, February 21, 2019

New Challenges... another medical adventure... don't worry nothing wrong yet.

  Just that my last body scan showed NO cancer anywhere (GOOD!) so being a great medical tech the man looking at the scan noted that I have cirrhosis of the liver. Okay, off to see a new doctor about the new information. A consult. Being an old man, I didn't have the doctor's name, nor the address beyond the block it was on, so three building and all three floors of the last building, I was at the correct place on time.
   Fill out paperwork, meet doctor, discuss the potential problem and what tests I should do to keep ahead of my end. No cure, I understand. But also, none of the potential problems with my liver as it is now. So I am scheduled for some tests, a lot of new blood tests looking for any irregularity caused by a failing liver and a fat old man. Lucky me, the tech didn't close until four, so I went over and she got all the tubes and equipment for the draw.
   I sat down, took my sleeves up on both arms, she went for the veins on the left arm after asking which hand I used normally. She got the vein, and started the draw - filling three large, two half size and one tiny one third one. The conversation started getting weird, I was almost sure she was practicing her charms on me, flirting to distract me or something. Now I am so old, I am almost certain there is no way she was flirting, we aren't in the South where it is a duty for young ladies to charm harmless old gentlemen. No we are in the Great NorthWest and women aren't that crazy up here. And I wouldn't know flirting if it hit me... it would have to knock me over and that isn't going to happen.
    I am old and she had finished and she said I looked pretty tough with my sleeves rolled up (???) and then some other stuff that I am sure I didn't hear correctly. But I said good-bye, and went out to see the clerk and get my stuff for my next visit mid March. I guess if I have to do a biography I should just refer the writer to my medical records. I was advised by a YMCA member to check with VA if there is damage, seems Agent Orange is easier if your organs are coming apart since you didn't spend a long time drinking your life away.
   Well, I did twenty miles on a bike ride today, 3.1 miles of rowing and half a mile of walking without a limp and no pain nor tightening in my hip. See, I think I am fine, still smiling that I would think a young woman would flirt with me. Good night, off to soak my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment