Sunday, May 12, 2013

Grey skies and gentle rain making the spouts tinkle...

This is the weekend I love 'feminism', you know that silly idea that women are the equal of men, and much other foolishness about the position and possibilities of the other gender. I have always known I was supposed to put women on a pedestal and pay them homage.

Being very old and hoping to become older I will confess that I don't know nor understand women, when I was young I thought I knew everything - see what happens when everything starts slip-sliding away? I can become humble.

My mother worked very hard to love me and make me the best of her and Dad's love. That I am not better is not their fault, what is best about me likely is... 

It is Mother's Day, and I remember mine, and my son's, and then start to roll through my memory of quiet talks with other mothers that had time to nurture me along the way. What mothers have spills over to other than their immediate family and bring grace, forgiveness and civilization to my world. Being a male, means that I need a lot of civilizing. So thank you all Mothers that have shared your best for my moments.

And for all you women that think being a mother is not the most important thing for you to do in your life, for God and country and your heart, you don't know Jack. And I am sad for your loss.

 

1 comment:

  1. Well said Earl, and without them, we literally would not exist!

    ReplyDelete