Saturday, April 27, 2013

Revival in church tonight, on the range today...

So I thought the talk at the movie theater would make one or two shooters happy. I thought since my wife is off finding seaweed in the ocean, I would go to the range and preach to the choir. Cause you know if they are going to the range they already have opinions about everything shooting.

What I really wanted to do was confirm my zero and check out my accuracy. I could spare fifty-eight rounds of 22 LR, couldn't I? Have to make every shot count, including the photographs.

So five rounds, adjust my sights and begin with a Zombie target and a sighting square. First shot on the sighting square, next three on the four hundred yard target, I think I failed to confirm my NPOA, don't you? Then a major shift to the 300 yard target, the 200 yard target and the 100 yard target. Thirteen rounds only forty more to go.

So the AQT without time, ten rounds off hand, no rest but I was firing a single shot rifle.






Then the second stage the sitting position.
 
Then the third stage in prone position.



The final stage which counts double, the worst of my shooting skills and why don't I work on that, okay I will.



As I finished each of my targets I wandered the line, talking to the other shooters. About what they like doing 'shooting'! The man with the left handed flintlock was really cool. I talked deer hunting in Pennsylvania, and tours from Afghanistan. I dropped off some Appleseed trifold for a man with a son and a Ruger 10/22. Good weekend ahead.

   

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done sir, and trigger time IS a perishable skill...

    ReplyDelete