Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sign of better health, strange dreams...

Woke from a dream about losing my credit and debit cards during some transactions. What I had been carrying around weren't my cards. I checked my wallet immediately.

I also decided that if it warms up just a bit I will go shooting, that I didn't do last weekend. Being rainy and chilly.


So, conversation at the range is about ammunition shortages, not hitting well today, and that is a neat rifle. I was getting my rifle sighted back in, and have it close.

I am reminded of the Provincials and the British Regulars - the Regulars had some training, thought in volley fire and charge with the bayonet. The provincials had some training but thought in individual shots to hit real targets, like game and predators, they also paid for their ammunition and equipment. So every time a provincial shot it was for a purpose and would be talked about.

I think I need to get one of those jobs where they buy my ammunition for work and practice, had one once. Is there a chance Homeland Security would be looking for old undercover fatmen?  
 
At home I find another email from the White House, keeping me informed of all that the President has done to stop gun violence, which by my count isn't as good as the drift adjustment I have just made to my front sight nor the fine Riflecraft RS-1 sling I have put on my favorite,  Shucks, I will have to return to the range and improve and finalize my sight adjustments next weekend. When it is warmer.
 

Almost time for Men's Bible Study, I get to bring the brownies.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your range day went MUCH better than mine! And enjoy the worship and the brownies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There aren't any bad days at the range, unless it was when it didn't open. Make every shot count!

      Delete