Sunday, January 6, 2013

Just another day that I wish were even better...

EST: Like I deserve special notice - nope, I don't.

I am sure you know that I am not the best man in the country, in all categories there is a better man than I in all of them, maybe two or more. There are many women in many of them also, and I wouldn't aspire to outshine their wonder.

I, like the Psalmist, have often wondered why God would be mindful of me - I haven't been mindful enough of Him. I thank Him daily.

So today I am sixty-five, and that, depending on who tells the stories is a wonder, almost a miracle in itself. They are only stories, that alone should point out to enjoy but not put too much reliance on them. My lovely life-wife will remind me of all those years I kept saying I wasn't going to make it past forty. She hates a quitter.

In church on Sunday, I was upset, but settled down to prayer - asking for things, and came to realize, I didn't need any of that little stuff. That was all temporary too soon forgotten and always being covered by government goodness. What I wanted more than anything, every day forever was God's Love. 

I received a fine box from Hawaii, with Kona Coffee, and candies so sweet and a card from people I love. What I will remember long into the night is how difficult to hug them and help them while we are so far away. No matter the technological gifts, the improving lines of communications, I am not where I can gently touch and hug them. I will trust the Lord to have others give them all they need. Amen.

3 comments: