Saturday, July 7, 2012

No I am not the President, but I am hiding my shooting...

kind of.

Normally, I am there with all the targets and talk and such. But today I just went, paid my money, waited for a spot, posted the target, and shot my forty rounds, only bringing back thirty-nine cases, and one was split.

I did enjoy the day, talking to the other shooters and admiring their stories, rifles and attitude. So maybe it was better than I can write about it, or I will just enjoy that day and hope yours was a great one, too. Even if it wasn't anything to write home (or on a blog about). The Blues should be playing now, my wife is out watering the garden and her flowers, I can go back to reading of lives lived in adventure - which is always a little bit more unsettling than talking about it later --- always trying to live in blest boredom. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Earl,
    Thanks for the link to The Kabul Cable. I really appreciate it. I think you're pursuing a great cause here. I shot indoors for a rifle team all through Jr. High and High School. It taught me a lot and still translates to my life today. Best of luck. Hope you'll continue to read The Kabul Cable! Ty

    ReplyDelete