Sunday, July 1, 2012

Full days don't include much Facebook, do they?

So after breakfast and exercising, off to shoot the M1 with the freshly reloaded 30-06 rounds. I get firing point 17 on the right, place target and begin at 25 yards, move to fifty, then out to a hundred, fifty-one well regulated rounds, none got away to parts unknown. I will want to tighten the groups up, work on my sight picture, and get off the bench that doesn't fit me, but I have good rounds to engage the targets with. Happy times with other shooters and our Liberty from those that just don't understand.

I went home, ate left overs and headed with my wife for the Korean War Veterans honoring at the Tacoma First Baptist Church. Do you know they are getting really old, like 78 to 86 or so? They are leaving, say thank you, folks. The Republic of Korea does often, for they know how much good America did by committing to the defense of the innocent and not ready to join the modern communist world. Unlike Vietnam where we cut and ran, or Cuba where we didn't care to invest more than their original independence as we fought Spain for colonial possessions -- the blood, bullets, and bluster paid off (although by President Carter's term American forces could have really departed, but then I wouldn't have been able to take my family back for three and a half years and the Olympic Games). Dr George Drake and Professor Han, Jung-woo both presented their efforts to make sure the newest generations don't miss the whole story about what happened, there are so many that don't KNOW about the efforts of Truman, Stalin, Mao in creating the modern world. I must be getting old, they kept trying to add me to the number of veterans they were honoring, but I was only two to five years old during that conflict. My wife remembers fleeing with her family, her father was on the list of folks to be executed by those that would make Korea all better under Kim and Communist Party foolishness.

After the presentations and prayers for the future of the audience, and the two nations, my wife and I left to pickup our portion of the potluck and go to the Men's Bible study. The men were fine, and I met the married daughter of one of them, interesting she sat to eat with the older men and not their wives. Her husband is in Afghanistan. We were lively in our discussions and enriched by the various views of life, the Bible and the promise and our responsibility to the current culture.

1 comment:

  1. Better to spend the day on the range than on Facebook :-)

    ReplyDelete