Monday, June 11, 2012

It is all about perspective, your point of view...

There is a name for people like that, a horse's a--, which could be the partner in producing a mule, but we are way beyond that culture. Yes, I know, we don't breed mules, George Washington thought they were special, but we like John Deere and some Asian copies, don't we? Oh, wait most of us don't know anything about them bigger than lawn mowers. Here we are in the 21st Century (we should repeat that much more often).and what everyone knew about the world we have lost -- which is why one must relearn what the label was meant to mean... horse's ass. For such a noble animal, harnessed and driven to pull plow, chariot, wagon or sledge gives the driver only one view and all that comes with it. If you were a driver, or teamster, coachman you would have a love of the whole animal and its efforts and power. But if you are just along for the ride, it is beyond you. Perspective.

I have a date to visit a Home School expo... This Friday, it will be interesting, since I am to promote Appleseed, that fine effort by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. I am almost that old now, but should be able to answer questions and encourage others to shoot much better there. I once attempted to home school my son when we were overseas, beyond the Command Sponsorship Comforter, and ended up sending him to a Christian School. Teaching is very important, not all of us can encourage and enlighten our replacements, it might take a village. One lesson I remember from a teacher long ago, was how to crochet a rose, taught during recess. No, I never engaged in that the remainder of my life, but it gave me a much deeper appreciation for lace, and the Christmas ornaments (snowflakes!) my aunt would make and include in her Christmas card.

I am happy to write that I have been feeling much better. On the question about guns and why the Appleseed is important to me, I give you Western Rose's post.

1 comment: