Saturday, May 12, 2012

So there I was...

and then you add the war story to your listening audience's pleasures of things they can only imagine. Lucky that we can only imagine, we do have some very vivid imaginations. They slide into our dreams at times. Last night I had a great one.

Not that I haven't had dreams of military operations and war before, but this time I got to explain to children in my language about germ warfare, hazmat suits and liquid and gaseous toxins. Lovely, sad, dream... normally all activities with children I have experienced in war zones are between spells of combat, although I did notice the scars and missing limbs, they still laughed and had smiles and a sense of play.

Don't know why the dreams, but it did disturb me, the combat zone was in America, better pray and work harder that day never comes again. Take care out there and reach out to mothers everywhere - no matter what the media, political pundits, and current selfish culture think -- Mothers are the only civilizing force in the world, worth loving more than they receive.

1 comment:

  1. Good point Earl, and the one thing I 'remember' is how they always wanted (and apparently still do) want candy... I've been shipping the LARGE bags of mints to folks downrange, and been told they've gotten more 'intel' from the kids with mints than anything else...

    ReplyDelete