Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day! happy May Day...

Turn over the pages of the calendars and start anew! Go out in the rain and find the beauty, the richness, the glory. God is good... and then there is Man.

Someone asks which rifle is better. "The one you have, with ammunition that you can hit targets with, son". All others are just beyond utility - for whatever reason or excuse.  Sounds like most of my life - chasing dreams or thoughts, and sure enough catching some of them, making them mine, finding some of them better or worse than I in my limited capacity had thought. I am using my Senior Class 5x7 picture as a bookmark in "The End of Sparta" by Victor Davis Hanson. Interesting how the Thebes and allies went up against the best and broke them finally.

Well, I am sure I have a day full of adventures and things that I would like to accomplish for all those that I love and those things I love to do. Rain keeps coming in waves of clouds, then the Sun and beautiful blue skies break through, and then a repeat. Do you have any idea of how much the grass and other green growing things love it just that way? Buds and blossoms blooming, nature is booming.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda partial to rifles (and handguns) that go "bang." Not picky here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point on the rifle, and one can only wonder if there are another "300" out there... waiting...

    ReplyDelete