Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't you want to be normal?

I want to be normal, not just like everyone else - that would not be normal, not for most people and certainly not for me. But if you have been ill, suddenly unemployed, or no longer attached to people - you feel like you want to get back to normal. The power goes out, normal is so much coming into my home I have more than I can use, the lights work, the computer works, instant noise in my backgrounds... you know - normal.

To me, normal is handling firearms, going shooting and practice. Exercising daily, jogging when it wasn't yet popular, going distances that only awe the unknowing and untested. Normal was having family that cared. Normal was looking forward to another challenging day, an opportunity to make myself and others better than we were yesterday.

I have noticed that when I am happiest in my normal that someone, agency or government goodness will be coming along to restrict it, the activity and my happiness. Now I realize there are natural limits, Gravity rules, can't breathe water well, and flapping my arms vigorously doesn't get me into the air. But I don't like artificial constraints. I like them least when they are part of myself, my will, my body, my mind and my spirit - so I have to stretch, to reach to stay loose.

Speaking of loose, Ron Paul has slowed his search for support for his Presidency, that will make Bill O'Reilly happy. I like that I gave money to his cause, voted and participated in his campaign here in Washington State but it did teach me much about political parties - they don't party well. So, being loose, I am thinking a Loose Leaf of the TEA Party, can't bag me!

3 comments:

  1. I went to the polls to vote for him in the primary, even though here in NY it is pretty moot by the time it rolls around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ear, our 'normal' is NOT the norm anymore... dammit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife brought the advertisements from the base exchange home after shopping, I did see handguns offered for sale. Now, that is a return to a normal that will be welcome. Every hardware and department store should be back in firearms sales, don't you think? You don't have to buy one, just feel they aren't a terrible thing needing hidden from commerce and view.

    ReplyDelete