Tuesday, March 6, 2012

People don't really believe it could happen here...


When I am not listening to the Blues, I find myself drawn to Fox for commentary, and their primary advertisers are selling GOLD and SILVER, and sure enough they must be listened to - people are buying. Having been in countries where banks and bankers aren't trusted by the little guys - people do put their excess into gold. In Korea during a crisis the people were asked to turn in their gold and buy certificates for later re-purchase of gold. The government used that excess to pay down the problem and refinance and get through the troubles with the IMF.

One of the stories I loved from my father was his flying to Canada, and the passenger asked if he would like to come along to the Bank. At the bank they opened the deposit drawers and counted the Gold Coins, which had been stored there since Roosevelt outlawed them to make printed paper more valuable as a means of exchange in America. Doctor Ron Paul keeps saying we should go back to gold and silver (although there probably isn't enough) and the current price of oil and other stuff is artificially high because the dollar is sinking (or someone hears the water rising).

How much do you need? Tools, ammunition, gold, silver, breeding rabbits - for sure I have examples of currency issued by the United States that is TOTALLY worthless today! I have coins from countries that no longer exist, can't buy me love! But it could happen right here. Could.

No comments:

Post a Comment