Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just sticking my neck out...

Seems the Federal Government in its fear of fanatics of faith, passed the PATRIOT act, no I didn't read it, and now has decided that killing terrorists without due process (because they are at war with whatever they are at war with us over) is okay since they are identified as against whatever we are standing for. I am almost of the opinion that they don't arrest and try many terrorists is because they have lost faith in our justice system, especially the Justice Department, being able to get a conviction and an execution. They could be correct, they are much closer to the problem with the Justice Department than I. More recently the Congress has looked at removing American citizenship, and they haven't fixed the immigration and naturalization process to a point where there is no longer 'illegal immigration'. The Federal government is of the opinion that an old Naval Coaling port left over from the Spanish American War, is not really within the American justice jurisdiction, but the Marines will tell you that they are covered.

Over at the New York Times, a reporter is complaining the NRA hasn't enough causes to pretend to promote so they can get lots more money from the Gun Industry. She would like America to be completely ungunned (my word choice, not hers) like New York City, where total bans and control are promoted as sane and safer. I don't think the rest of America would like the gun death rate of New York City, especially when compared to the number of people legally owning and carrying firearms in that city. Yeah, the ratio is really terrible. I would ask my sister to have some of her students work it out, comparing the numbers of New York city to the rest of us.

But a bit more thought on the Federal Government deciding that it can kill us, and get away with it... because. My only thought, it is time to change the government. Go back to a British Colony, or Commonwealth nation. But that won't work, they want the guns banned, too. Okay, lets move to become part of Canada. They are a Federation. They develop their resources, treat their citizens better, and don't think they are better than the rest of the world. And they speak two languages already, they could learn a third. Oh, to make such a happier union possible, we need to give all of California south of Carmel to Mexico. Only fair. What do you think, Canadians?

Because, I am sure that no one in Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, or Lo/as Angeles (transgender) wants to return to a Republic, obey the Constitution, and cut those ugly cancerous growths called agencies and departments back to size. Basically, America is sound - beautiful, rich, full of hard working good citizens, and it is only that ugly growths induced by artificial stimulants or addiction that ruin it. I have to tell myself that I can't be ruled by fear, that only when I risk going out and attempting to make a great life for myself and my people - only then can I do so. I don't really support fighting a rebellion, revolution or war of terror - I vote, I write and I pay some attention (like to this idea whose time has come) . But I have been playing with the idea of a banner to wave or stand under when reminding the government I am not a happy man. The Gadsen Flag was great in the War of Rebellion, but I want one for my days of protest.

I want one that says "LIBERTY under the LORD" has an appropriate symbol (working on it - a bird in flight, since one doesn't fly in a cage, a Phoenix? ) and under that "Come and take it!", an invitation. Says so much about my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I think should be required of all elected officials: Once someone takes office, he/she should no longer be publically identified with a particular political party so that people pay attention to the person's actions without the prejudice of political affiliation.

    ReplyDelete