Friday, March 13, 2020

Snow day and forgotten appointments...

   So proud of putting the two garbage cans out the evening before and a good solid long sleep after a movie on Prime. Gentle wake up in the morning, prayers and suddenly someone is walking on the porch, I have to decide to arm myself or just open the door and say hello. The government or gangsters would have just gone through the door - so I don't bother arming. Idle thoughts, for years I slept naked, now either cold or body shamed has kept me in flannel or whatever pajamas. Lucky for my visitor - not confronted by a naked old fool.

    It is the installer for the Security system, part of the improved Infinity service for two years. I am still for grabbing the gun first. My wife has opened two of the three doors several times and I get a report each time she does, she won't be sneaking up on me now. Anyway the system is working and effective...  It did take forever, since my cellphone wasn't able to upload the app for the system, then we went around a dozen or more times finding my fingers too fat, the secret stuff I typed unreadable, for security reasons - never mind that I am old and can't remember what I thought I typed. This is just another effort by the machines to try and dominate my life and actions. I am not that smart, but certainly have always resisted obeying what I think is stupidity. And most computers are basically stupid, just fun to play games upon. The installer was very patient and it all came together, but it is easiest to do six steps for making the shot than it is to encode my personal numbers, letters and symbol on the device to make it alarm me. I now have a sign in the front yard, thinking of why I don't want to have one out there, maybe I will put a Trump2024 sign out in front of it.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... Computers/smartphones and the PITA that they are. Concur on the six steps being MUCH easier, and engraved in memory now.

    ReplyDelete