Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Year Seventy-three begins...

Grandparents visit before off to Europe, 1978
  Good Morning! Wow, lovely good wishes for my birthday - shocking to me, I am now outliving my father. Only in time spent wondering if I should have done it his way... Don't worry, I have figured out that being thankful for all the blessings I have lived is better than trying to catch up with his life - talking with my son last evening made me realize I wish I could have spent more time talking to my father. I miss my son's talking to me over the net while he was in the middle-east where ever. We must have made almost a solid hour some times. I still want to sit around a card table playing Canasta and talking, and making my best plays with my partner.
   My contacts yesterday sent me tearing into old stuff, not finding what I should have, making me realize that I was going to have to dig out from underneath piles of books and papers. New read books are going to the library, used and older ones are off to Half-price Books (but then I might stop to browse and pick some up! Ugh, I might never get out from under!)
    I was exhausted yesterday, no longer feeling ill we went to the service department to renew the wife's car. While there I read Milton Friedman, I am going to have to try him again, later when I won't be falling asleep as my mind wears out why did he say it that way. Car finally finished, washed and returned, we went off to eat steak - it is my birthday, the treat was my wife's and I think I left my NRA Cap there in the booth on the seat. Didn't get my daily dose of The Five, nor Tucker Carlson yesterday (speeds my recovery, ha, ha)  Well, have to start moving, y'all be good.

3 comments:

  1. Quick check of the restaurant and I have reclaimed my NRA ballcap. No one in Western Washington, except a few harmless fat old men, would be brave enough to wear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Earl, and many more! Steak is good!!!

    ReplyDelete