Saturday, February 2, 2013

Do I really want to fit a stereotype?

Seems like all the cool kids just know that if the President of the United States of America, says something about those clingers and their EVIL Assault Rifles and big magazines, well it must be true. The President wouldn't lie to the public.


Anyway, one of those that draw so well, gets paid for it, and works in California where all the really cool kids do, is looking at me and making me ashamed of being a fat old man that doesn't know anything about the 2nd Amd. 

Being one of those pink and red Dungey boys, I have never minded the redneck label, since to me it was earned working in the Sun, outdoors and making the world a better place. There are those I would say haven't a clue about life. That would be another generalization and stereotype, and I am above all that noise.

I would label this: My Self Portrait, something to inspire me to get skinny, cuddle with a special cute Asian lady, and never touch an EVIL BLACK AR - Stainless steel with pastel polymers maybe.... and I love ten round mags. Dixie Gunworks?  Not until I win the Lottery, and I don't really participate.

Anyway, on my way to the range I remembered that there was a memorial for a very fine lady that has gone to the LORD. So I stopped there, I can shoot another day.

And how will you be remembered? I hope with lots of love and no regrets. I stopped to help memorialize a fine lady, and thought as I sat that she and her husband were exactly the kind of people I want around my loved ones as the world falls apart, they would just keep doing for everyone, the best they could and never ask the price nor count the cost. Not movie star heroes, but fine folks.

1 comment:

  1. Good folks are worth their weight in gold... And thanks for stopping and honoring her memory Earl.

    ReplyDelete