Friday, January 4, 2013

Asleep at the wheel isn't only about driving...

I need to hit the bed for a couple more hours, life is wearing and I am worn and weary, still plodding away. But one of the many voices of media says there is a new study about how many of us are falling asleep at the wheel. Immediately I transferred the 'falling asleep' to the citizens not being awake enough to care for the nation, their children, pets and little things like Liberty they will only miss when it is long gone.

I cannot blame everything in my life on the media, the government, the fools, the few, the many, those asleep. Most American voters didn't vote for President Obama, although most of the electors did. Most of the citizens voted for Romney, no one, or someone other than. Those numbers of people on the OTHER side (not voting, not Republican, not interested, and asleep at the wheel) are not responsible for whatever stupid things come out of Washington, DC. 

They are also not responsible for their future under the authority their choice and non-choice has allowed into POWER. It is true, power loves to fill a void, and I see holes everywhere.

I believe in the People, good folks can do it all, nations built on government control, slavery and fear have left piles of rocks for everyone to admire. Living communities and nations that believe that the people have ability if not confined, regulated or castrated will leave: commerce, growth, prosperity, learning, song, art and love to those that remain.



Suggested actions on Gun Control laws, thank you, Bruce W. Craft.

4 comments:

  1. Good point Earl, and I was only half listening this morning when I heard it and 'thought' they were talking about the country also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voids to fill, time slots to make money upon, and the number of complaints - today about taxes - one knows they weren't paying any attention.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for getting me doing research. As I suspected, the last presidential election where the candidate with the largest popular vote lost was the 2000 election. Please use the specificity that our father taught us when writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more fun to be so ahead of my readers, or pretend to be, I am so misunderstood. I didn't understand my father's writing either when seen through my perceptions - and it was critical once and I missed the point. Not his fault.

      About the 2000 election, how many nonvoters and other than voters were there? Don't look it up, but American citizens are feeling disenfranchised and that has effect. But then they all feel it isn't their fault, nor responsibility if they did their best - or can lie to themselves.

      Delete