Friday, January 4, 2013

Time to start acting like 'we' know better than 'they'

I have been wondering why there is all this fear of firearms - in this country, and then realized most of the country has only the television experience with firearms, the dime store novels, and the follow-on tough detective pulps. Most of the country has allowed the media and fool culture to define the story, the truth and the danger. Which historian has counted out the 'wild west gunfights' in the Wild West? Don't get me wrong, there were deaths, people did shoot other people. They also hung other people, beat them bloody and sued them in courts. But MOST people that won the West, just were hard working and struggling to stay ahead of the drought, dust, locust, and winter freeze with occasional tornadoes. The reason we all know about Billy the Kid, John Wesley Hardin, Rooster Cogburn and the Earps is they were published - yes, there were the James brothers, the Youngers and others. But never as many as the Smiths, Archers, and other names which made fine families and built a future. There is very little story there in good normal hard working folks to tease the Eastern dudes and dollies.

I learned marksmanship in the Junior High Rifle Club, taught by my eighth grade American History teacher, boys and girls, shooting jackets, mats, high school gym after normal hours once a week. He was looking for the future high school rifle team members. Good program. Because of that alone, I knew that most of what was on television from Gunsmoke to Combat and the Gallant Men was just drama - Paladin and Josh Turner were real, but not really. So I cannot blame the media nor the non shooters for their foolish ideas about a wonderful world they think I should live in without my guns, god or goodness... They do think I should change my ways and have homosexual relationships, smoke marijuana, have cheap sexual adventures and need medical assistance to rid myself of those lives created and always owe more money than I could ever in five lifetimes repay - if I started repaying yesterday.  

I say that is what they want me to do, they both pass laws saying it is fine with them or just setting a fine example of irresponsible behavior in personal and professional conduct. They do love sinning and adding to the day more drama and waste. Both Senator Feinstein and some news person I don't follow are filmed holding banned items(against the law to carry or own) in Washington, DC. And if you think that the media and the Senators have special privilege to break the laws - then you agree with the carjackers, rapists, and murderers that are very certain they are right and you are only a victim. Which is the greater crime against you and I - an honest criminal or the 'I am special and you aren't' bully from broadcasting or just elder lady without merit?

Follow anything that you know something about, listen to the reporters covering it - you will find a large information gap in what they believe (because they heard it on the grapevine?) and what they 'think' you know. They will fill the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment