Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Selection Day, a fine day to be a God fearing fellow...

So as the country votes, and counts and ponders the results, the projected ones and then sometime - the real ones (remembering that the electors don't even vote today). One of  my favorite pundits advised doing something besides following the fury and the foolish, and then catch up later after you turn the sound back on. So I did.

I have a fine haircut, hope I don't catch another cold. It is very close on the sides and what little remains on top was trimmed also. I then shopped for dress shirts - boringly white, but I did need something that would fit around me, button popping is funny but not cool. I then joined my wife for a slice of pizza and a Coke. The best part of that was talking about our foolish youth and laughing about those inside jokes only we can share. I was doing well, got her to look at me with love in her smile and eyes. It doesn't get better than that after forty full years.

We went on to do our separate shopping and she has a drum class to watch. I went to check out the pistols in the Exchange. I held and marveled at two .40 caliber semi-automatics. One of them had a red dot laser, I wasn't impressed with it, but then I don't shoot unless I can identify the target, I will never just shoot at anything I haven't decided worth the bullet so I won't be trying to steady a wandering dot out there somewhere. Front sight, press! I won't be buying another pistol in another caliber. I have it down to .22 LR, .45 caliber and 30-06, works for me and all I know and what I will be doing. One thing I noticed that the price of a pistol, and of a computer are alike now. I wasn't really looking at buying a computer either, but you have to have traffic to make sales and touching and looking deep will be just as effective as that test drive

The sign is Red over Blue and simple three words, two of them names and one the offer. That is an effective statement, hope the graphic artist made some fine money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment