Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Important financial advice...

Money is not real,  but if enough of us believe in it whatever the government says and all that we accept has an ability to transfer your work and property to others for commerce. And to the government for your protection, to the union for their job protection and to the thieves for their protection. Your hard work protects a lot. But it is based on a form that the government calls currency or money.

I am sure that the Fiscal Cliff isn't the real problem, and it isn't the Social Security nor the Medicare, and it isn't the high cost of weapons and military. The real problem is there isn't any good faith or credit, and there never has been any value to what they call money, except good faith and credit on your ability to work, produce and payback. Since the Zimbabwe Plan is in effect, we are going to loot the rich and give to our supporters their tools, land and wealth. Which will breach the final barrier to everyone being miserable which becomes the new standard of fair.

My point being, with the problems with the money I recommend converting it to something you can use. Tools, land, animals, metals, beans, water source. For free you can read The Forgotten Man, about our Depression. The go find a history of the German Money between the World Wars, and Zimbabwe from the collapse of Rhodesia to today. Having spent an afternoon crawling around under my home in the crawl space, I was reminded that exteriors are always cared for better than the concealed framework supporting everything. If the country ever restores individual responsibility and honor, they can rebuild a better world. Of course, it isn't up to the country to restore responsibility and honor. The country doesn't believe in it. The individuals do.

3 comments:

  1. I wish people could have known my mother's father. He built a house that was a home and later a pretty comfy camp cabin, which I am fortunate to own, using scavenged lumber and straightened nails. We made fun of him...just gentle teasing, with love...for saving kegs of those straightened nails and for having a garage entirely stuffed to the rafters with things he saved in case of need. He knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Minnesota grandparents were very like that, my father and his siblings had much of that. By my generation we had only the stories about the Depression, not the fear nor the experience. It can never happen again - unless we make all the same mistakes, which we are. But we think we are too big to fail, remember the glory of Athens and Rome?

      Delete
  2. I agree with your points, Earl. I am torn between wanting to go back and earn a doctorate or to go learn plumbing and wiring for my old house. At least, I knit, sew, embroider, etc. in the meantime. Nothing like real skills to keep one's income in check.

    ReplyDelete