Monday, August 20, 2012

What am I just waking up to? at 03:00?

Yeah, I don't know why I am up. But the coffee is good and the net not too cluttered and I have left a comment on someone's post. I guess there are new covers for magazines that suggest something is changing in the election predictions. But I believe the cover is supposed to make you want to buy the magazine and often, only the cover is worthy. If anyone in print is covering the campaign, they are old news or wishful thinking. The whole effort, especially the request for more money, is sad. Don't they know buying votes is not a real economic booster? I don't think they have paid voters cash for votes since 1960. The dead vote cheaper than the living.

The other ugly truth, most of us don't have more money to throw into a campaign, and the news of how many millions have already been wasted on the next bunch to raid the empty treasury means they don'[t need me, do they? Lots of dollars once were a sign of success, now  it seems a black label of greed. Those political machines just keep burning it up. But that is the way to victory, isn't it? You don't need a message as much as a face, a story and a machine with professionals to tell it and gather the clans.

So, I can't help them, I have one vote and will pay for the first class postage for our votes. It is all I have left. I should get a job, better for me to wear out than petrify in place. Once, professionally, we talked about those DIP (die in place) positions. The guys left behind during retreating and regrouping and I wondered when it would be my turn. I need to dig that position, seems like I am better prepared for it than my grandchildren. But as my strength and finances wane from aged and no use, the walls are weak and might come tumbling down.

Banking day today, deposit an extra payment returned from the hospital, finish filing paperwork, writing checks until next month. Going to jog gently today, the lawn needs mowed, the time to chase the moles is now. Haven't thought about eating them yet, times are still good at the grocery. Later!


3 comments:

  1. Why donate? They get (and waste) enough of our $$ now... I too will cherish my ONE vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One vote and an ability to man the barricades when it all goes down, what more do they need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what mole meat tastes like? Chicken, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete