Friday, August 17, 2012

How do you say 'I love you'?

I like to think I start by telling her she is beautiful, in the morning, before she has really waken, long before makeup and dressing for success. While she still thinks I am lying, I must be over sexed, need glasses, hiding something bad or want my breakfast an hour ago.. there must be a reason.

There is a reason, I normally get up first and think about how miserable I would be if she wasn't there... long ago my commander asked how my wife was. I laughed and said, I don't really know, there was a lump under the covers when I woke this morning, it matched the lump that was there when I fell asleep last night. I was working as a Drill Sergeant, and only one way to stay ahead of the trainees, to sleep less and pounce more.

We have been separated by miles, and countries, and always by culture and language. We are separated by being different, still we touch with a smile, a look, and a question or an offering unasked. I don't like alone, been there, done that, still own the t-shirt. It hides in a drawer labeled stupid.

Just another reason to trust in the Lord and the promise of Life everlasting... being in a Heaven with all my enemies and my loved ones and introducing them to each other. For they all had a part in making me, Earl.

2 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful, Earl, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Earl! And I'm sure your wife reciprocates those feelings!

    ReplyDelete