Sunday, May 20, 2012

Expert Gunsmith wanted!

Stevens Model 414 Armory Model Single Shot Rifle 

 Mine seems to have a very broken firing pin and needs a replacement. Makes me very sad, because I really like to shoot this fine rifle. Anyone knowing a fine gunsmith in the Tacoma, Washington area send me a link or a name and a telephone number, I would call on this one. Thanks for paying attention. The only serial number on the receiver is 41.

The rear sight isn't exactly as the above picture. It is an aperture sight with screw elevation and windage. 
All help would be appreciated.

Update, I now know more about my rifle than I ever have, but still not recommending that your rifle breaks so you can become more familiar with it. I just came to shoot, didn't I?

2 comments:

  1. Here are two options, don't know if either is still in business...
    Dwight at
    A & J Gunsmithing
    708 Southwest 158th Street, Seattle, WA 98166
    (206) 244-0669 ‎

    Lynwood Gun And Ammunition
    20829 Highway 99 suite A
    Lynwood WA 98036
    425-774-8441

    I've not used either one, but got this from a guy at Whidbey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May not be his area of expertise, and a little further afield than you want, but: South Ridge Arms and Refinishing | Custom Gunsmithing in Orting.

    Also try: Champion Arms in Kent.

    Like I said, further afield...

    ReplyDelete