Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sometimes a letter with a smile is all it takes...


Carteach0 has caught the best part of Appleseed, although he also wrote (after a good night's sleep) about the difficult part for us elder gentlemen. I agree, the best part is the caring and sharing the love of safe shooting, and improving it. I would relax the eyes a bit, and only focus on the front sight, but first make sure that you are on the correct target. I have always loved to read about Appleseed from the eyes of those that just found it. If you are part of it, you wonder why the whole nation isn't doing it. But then I have thought (since about 1962 Junior High Rifle Club) that learning to shoot well with a coach that loves the sport is the way to a lifetime of happy experiences with firearms. I hope his second day is great, although it is raining...

I found an email in my inbox, from a friend, catching me up to many of the things that have happened to him and his family and our church since I have moved along. We last had lunch in November, but that was a long time ago, wasn't it? He is one of two friends I admit to having, but since the other one has been long, long out of touch that says way too much about my lack of social skills and commitment than theirs.

The NRA and most of the gun community seems to be enjoying St. Louis, I read the bloggers a bit. I am very certain that a large part of our American culture is not reflected in our media, controlled by the elite - which makes me wonder what we don't know about long ago and far away in History. I see the Secretary of the Treasury telling his version of the economy and the current President's programs and promises... either he doesn't really know anything about what is really happening, or he is misleading the reporter for the wrong reasons. Time to go back to finding the target, settling into the six steps for making the shot, for sure when you go look at the target it says what happened. There is always a little padding of the truth as you walk away from a great day at the range - don't we always remember the best things we did, happily?

1 comment:

  1. Don't lose hope Earl. The media has an ongoing chorus of big lies, that's it. They repeat them often and convincingly enough that people want to believe them.

    I like the pretty picture with all the rifles. It makes me happy to imagine that maybe someone's shooting a Mauser right now.

    ReplyDelete