Friday, April 27, 2012

Okay, girls, get your gear!

I am old and very out of it, but the country of America has decided that women can serve in combat units - true equality has been reached. Social engineering is constant. Just more evidence that America is dead or has gotten totally stupid.

This is the very same country that has decided that violence against women needs Federal protections, for the women not the violence. I still remember my wife being very glad our first bed was King size so she could be farther from my thrashing nightmares.

So, how is it going to work? I am still sure that two military members in the same family with constant deployments is very destructive to children's upraising. But then like we always knew, if the service wanted you to have a spouse they would have issued you one. Or you have to be promoted to sergeant before you may wed... social engineering doesn't win any wars but then, the military could just be the government's program to influence completely the future of its members - civilian citizens are so outta control.

3 comments:

  1. Good points Earl, and I "do" wonder where the administration is going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl, I've not been where you've been nor seen what you've seen, but I can't really understand the problem with this.

    Just because .gov says 'women CAN serve in combat units' it doesn't mean that they HAVE to.

    Personally I think people should be able to work at whatever they want to regardless of gender BUT on ability only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be women that can fight as well, or even better than men, but first - does the nation think this will win wars? be better than what works now? Is the PC climate such that the 'first all female sniper squad' will be lauded in the media, as no one reports the assaults, rapes, pregnancies and vacancies for pregnancy in deployed units? And I do assure you, when the 'government' decides that women are a way to do something, they will be required to do so.

    My last problem with putting women into combat has to do with my being very old fashioned - I like women to be safe, important, and nurturing all that I hold dear. And I completely understand that men are completely expendable, kill them all! Send in the Marines, and such...

    It does say much about the culture to buy into men and women being the same... it is great that the temporary endeavor called government is going to treat them alike in law, but I think knowing there is a difference is very important.

    ReplyDelete