Sunday, April 29, 2012

It is a very temporary endeavor... Historic but only...

... as long as you can keep it. The Republic of Benjamin Franklin and his fellow delegates to the convention in Philadelphia of 1787. We are now engaged in a great uncivil discourse about the future of the tattered mess made of the original concept, and strangely both parties are pretending that there is only their party's way to greatness again. The popular media is also pretending that only the official news sources are professional and competent enough to explain what is only "Common Sense", hoping to capitalize on the ignorance of the general common folks. So many pretending, so much pretension and all we notice is 'smoke and mirrors' just more illusions of the magicians. What can we believe in? It doesn't seem to be in our government and its goodness.

I had very little trouble fighting against 'godless Communists' in my early years, was very proud to do it well but upon reflection I realized I was fighting fools exactly like myself. Misled by their leaders, who were never in the jungles and mud with us as we struggled. How does that happen? As I grew much older and cynical I noticed that separation of church and state (which I support because the government is so ineffective) means to modern Americans that there is no honor, no moral backbone, no reason beyond money or fear for doing what the government requires. And that is our 'God'less government. I hold that the government requiring certain behavior is the first sign that it believes it is godlike in its scope and power. This false sense of its reason for being becomes central to its inability to convince its citizens to do their best. Remember, the citizens formed the government, and in its dishonorable path to its greatness, the government became their worst nightmare. The Constitution was to contain the power of the government, not to enhance it. Only those that own the government want to make it more powerful, to oppress those in opposition, to suppress discourse and discord.

I watched as a fine Bible Study, followed by a potluck feast (no luck in that really) turn into a loud passionate defense or attack on the other members' thoughts about the economy, the Presidential race and politics in general (they are all EVIL!). I kept my focus and cool, for I know that America is gone and what calls itself the same is only a shadow pretending to be... but I marveled at the energy, misinformation and dedication to fool ideas I found in the loudest men. This country isn't ready for the number of good meaning citizens denied the voice by the politicians and parties in charge.



1 comment:

  1. I'm more concerned what the quiet ones are thinking, and I'm hopeful they are smarter than the loudmouths...

    ReplyDelete