Saturday, April 7, 2012

Life is almost all in how we look at it...

It has been a busy Saturday, and I haven't gotten a thing done. I did the stationary peddling, ate fine poached eggs, went and fired the M1 at 100 yards in off hand, kneeling and prone positions, then a slung up sitting position. Talked to other shooters, all of us impatient to get a position on the range and shoot. It was a very beautiful day in the Great NorthWest. Mount Rainier was perfect. I went home feeling so successful that I decided to see if jogging would kill me. I still don't know, since I jogged, then walked, jogged, then walked, jogged then walked, kind of interval training. I liked the overall time, being much faster than just walking, and the kind of running and not dying. Still I have a long way to go, and will keep working on it. Drove up to Renton and visited my cousin and his family. Lovely dinner and great story telling, but we always tell tales, and we helped celebrate a birthday. The grandchildren of his are really growing up, quickly, but as I told them. On the other side of growing up, waits 'growing old', don't be in such a hurry.

Target analysis, eight rounds high in standing, eight rounds lower but horizontal stringing in kneeling, eight rounds closer to where they ought to be on prone six o'clock hold. Twenty-four rounds high left on sitting at bench with sling, but everything on the paper, with more time, much more dry fire in all the hard positions and more calling the shots I will get better. And you can bruise your face with an M1 and you won't care -- as long as every shot counts!

2 comments:

  1. Earl, those are ALL still minute of torso :-) Glad you got to spend time with family, that is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good shooting, however you look at it. I've updated your address on my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete