Sunday, February 26, 2012

Religion rules the weekend... almost...

Men's Bible Study at Rudi's home yesterday and church this morning. Opening Bibles, praying and singing both days. The guest speaker at the English Language Service was Peter Iliyn, author of the book "Out of the Far Corners" the story of his father's journeys, survival and salvation. Wonderful powerful message and story, great speaker. I decided to buy a copy of the book, but then my wife had decided I should have that book, too. I sent her for coffee and bought the book myself.

Some of pre-Bible study was about politics - mostly no one cares anymore, they are all sure the system is corrupt and we are all going to fall into catastrophe. So it was timely that the Bible study was about the rapture -- and the End of the World without God? You see the Rapture isn't in the Bible - being lifted up is, but the word isn't. That would get us into worry about which translation was the official one - yes, I lifted my eye brows. And explained to the group that not one of us reads the Bible the same way, each of us gets a different message from it. So we are supposed to study and be ready to answer some questions about the end of the world without God, I will leave the details to the Lord, I trust He will be just totally AWESOME!

Does everyone do that, worry about what one can't control or make better, just because it is so beautifully impossible? So much that I can do from the Bible and my own efforts and I am still procrastinating about the best of it. Don't even have to sweat the stuff I will just be swept away in, yeah, best work on that Love, powerful stuff, even the government won't touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment