Monday, March 9, 2020

Returning to normal boredom... and moving stuff, always more stuff...

    So, among the uncovered books is The Minute Men by John R. Galvin, am studying it closer this read. Too much great information for Appleseed, but nicely fills in April 1775. Appleseed is only about one day. During breaks I talk with and discuss what we want to move next. The entire time she is constantly moving, cleaning and removing and replacing stuff as she builds the nest of home again.

   We are working on everything, but nothing is critical. The cable is upgraded, but I have junk numbers that want a subscription, and I pay too much now and see no reason to sit and stare stupidly. My local cousin is offered to help me move stuff, but there are two too many people working on this now, my wife and I. The effort exposes our differences and the working together (periodically) makes me love her more.

  I have to craft a careful list of things I must buy, find all that we need but have already in the wrong place, or almost lost. Heavens! I don't know if I have paid the property taxes, but have seen that demand paper - and then there is the Income tax, and the home will still be waiting for my attention. A constant hunt for stuff, and I think I got rid of a lot but finding more, best reason I know not to buy anything (we likely have it somewhere).

   Warrior Poet Society? see something new all the time. Too old to be one now, but like their logo/sign. I am moving into the discarded veteran group. Ask me a story if you have the time.

2 comments:

  1. Moving is always interesting... Things found and lost... And check on the tax bill, make SURE you paid it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Appleseeder, I have used much of General Gavin's book for reference. As did David Hackett Fisher

    ReplyDelete