Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Great Appleseed weekend... had to be there...

   I showed up and helped out, and the shooters were awesome. So many Riflemen made and repeated this weekend that the group will be remembered. Officially, 8 new, two repeats and only a few still knocking at the door or wanting to grow a few more years. Saw so many happy people both days, one would wonder why more folks aren't taking the liberty built into our country to have safe marksmanship training and firearms safety instruction and a shared with friends and family event.


Kimber Custom (Ben) presenting me the 100 event recognition
Shoot Boss DRRC. Eagle Creek, OR

    Since I never signed up for this event as an instructor or shooter, there might be no official record. But the efforts of Andy and Ben came to fruition in that they were able to present me with a 100 event pin, a challenge coin and a nice note from Rusty, the National Coordinator.  Done in front of the new shooters was I hope motivating to them.

I have to write to link to the first AAR, HERE! Not the first one I shot at, HERE!
1st IIT at Wade's DAR. Dec 2008

1 comment: