Thursday, April 28, 2016

Alarm! or breaking news! or get up and save the lady, old man!

  Usually I wake and get up first, but not today, my wife is up and off to make coffee when she cries out and calls my name like I am her last hope. I stumble sleepily towards the kitchen and see her using her new selfie stick to take photos of herself and she wanted me to join in the fun. Ah, I will get a coffee instead, I think I already know I don't look prepared to face the world, just another thirty minutes would have been perfect.  I guess I could put the pistol away now, but I didn't go for a gun since that is a last item on my wake up list. Once I slept with a fully automatic AR, but I was younger then and I am so much older now.

   Sleeping good, the old Vietnamese Captain asks if I sleep okay, he encourages, or exhorts the fat folks that go regular to the YMCA. Some of the veterans have more issues with their past than others. I am not really fat, I am just full of it (fat). So my wife makes banana bread but doesn't take it to other places to share, just keeps it within my arms reach.... ugh. I am so weak.  But thankful it is just age not illness, cancer nor criminally slothful. I noted as I left my car in the parking lot, the number of old folks, families (with little children) also on their way to the YMCA.

   In some self analysis- I am known for guns, gun stuff, some military and some Christian persuasion... so I can go to church and get seriously asked about storing pistol ammunition, how long and anything special? In Sunday school I can tell the children that they shouldn't touch pistols, revolvers and other firearms without an adult. And never ever point one at anything, but if they never touched one they are safer, now go get that adult to take care of the firearm. I don't spend much time on it, since the grounding in the Gospel and the Bible are needed most. I do mention that when they and their parents decide it is a good time for firearms safety and show and tell, I recommend the NRA and even me (I have NRA training for it). A very big problem is Hollywood entertainment lies about firearms, what happens when folks are shot.  I ought to ask the Pastor if he would like me to put together a class for families about firearms, especially the families that don't have firearms, don't see the need for them --- and don't see the need for the knowledge. He will look at me funny.  Some of my best ideas get that result from folks that are in charge and control.

    I did get to see Donald Trump's views on the 2nd Amendment, I know Hillary Clinton's views, neither is going to get the stupid gun laws repealed, nor eliminate the BAFTE or merge them with the FBI. I don't favor merging them, Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas were joint agency operations and didn't go well for the innocent.

    Neither major political party has the answers to the question about what they should do, NOTHING or MUCH LESS, in order to restore the Constitution and set the people at liberty to correct the errors of the recent past (last hundred and ten years or so).  So I will participate but expect failure on the long established suffering the evil born of the good intentions gone wrong. In the end, of this government no longer of the people, by the people and never for the people will perish, cause of lack of history, moral values, and just plain stupidity in office - elected, appointed or hired.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment