Thursday, February 28, 2013

Now where am I?

End of February, 2013, and sure enough I didn't get a retirement check from the folks that have been taking my money for years while I was employed. Sending a check to my Checking account, knowing my spouse's name, SSN and date of birth.  Sure enough they want all that again, and don't submit original documents, do get it notarized and send it to us soon. Amazing, how out of touch one becomes from everything, although they all want the SSN, they then decide that I must prove that number is I. And what would happen if it isn't?

The Assessment time is here, two months gone from 2013, and how am I doing? What still needs to get done? How much time do I have, what is the priority? We do have one don't we?

Amazed at how much of my life, looking back recently, isn't based on what is on the television (or cable). Have I missed a great movie? a book that must be read? Are there bills unpaid? File for retirement, file for taxes, why am I not assisted by these government agencies - don't they have to accommodate those functioning less than perfectly?

Seems like I weigh just a bit less than I did in December of 2012, that is good. When working out at the YMCA today I found an eleven and a half mile bike ride after a 5k row, with a mile slog with Fox News captions. A little rope pull and a hot shower and the day is done.

Yep, need some more assessment, for I must be falling behind those important things in one's life -- if I could just remember what they are.


1 comment:

  1. The important things are getting up in the morning and keeping the wife happy!

    ReplyDelete