Saturday, December 22, 2012

Looking for solutions that I can jump into...

Without a parachute, of course.

I want to volunteer to perform armed security duty against attackers of our children. I don't want to check backpacks, or look for drugs.  All I want to do is make sure there is an armed adult willing and very able to shoot an attacker. I don't want to talk, give a warning beyond 'put the gun on the floor' - if that doesn't work I would have to pull the trigger. Unless there is another option, my imagination hasn't one yet.

So the NRA is calling for armed police (they only used that term to quiet fears), what they would really like is for the community to decide to introduce firearms into the schools in the hands of capable adults. Not a Federal idea, not a State idea, but a common sense idea that every concerned parent should look at closely.

Today I found this NATIONAL SCHOOL SHIELD , looks like their program but not exactly NRA all the way, just that they have put on the internet an answer, a direction, an object for discussion and more than the Vice President's group has done so far. Although, the petition to the White House that I supported did get me the White House staffer's response.  It was very professional, political and no use in saving the life of even one child or teacher from monsters.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you have a plan. Now, the question is: have you spent much time in prayer and meditation to discern what God's plan is for you in this situation? I still pray every day to discern if I am still to teach. I can assure you that I never intended to be a teacher when I was younger. What is God's plan for you right now, Earl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern, but God and I have only private conversations, we are in contact. May I ever be thankful of that as I am sure you are. You may feel like Jonah, but He has good things for you and opportunity.

      Delete
  2. That is a great idea Earl, and hopefully it works...

    ReplyDelete