Friday, December 7, 2012

Has anyone found my mind? seems to be straying...

I am excited, wanting to check the mailbox, for Christmas cards and stuff, and looking for my key ring, and looking...

We did receive a beautiful book of pictures from Hawaii, it is a collector's item. Several Christmas cards have arrived, and my wife has hung them for display. Always fun to see what has arrived from whom and where. Still I can't find my keys, they are on a snap link (of course). I have to straighten my stuff, looking.

I pull out my pistols to clean and pack them for tomorrow's shooting at Range 15 with men from my church. A great way to spend Saturday morning, we are going to the Messiah concert in the evening. But where is my mailbox key? I put all the clean clothes away, but no keys under them, check all the jacket pockets. Frustration!!!!

So I start cleaning the pistols and admiring my legacy from my grandfather, William (Will) Edward Dungey,  Rumor was that he purchased the pistol for adventures (?) or opportunity in the less lawful Dakotas, truth is likely that he thought he should have something - dependable, not too expensive nor heavy - just in case. Mom's story is that as he sat in the recliner, limited by his stroke, he asked after it. No one got it for him. Probably got tired of daytime television. The knife was made by him -  all of stuff from around his farm work, still sharp, although I did put it on the stone and oil it, and the leathers. Still upset about no keys, and I even got the trash can to the curb and back - still no keys!

Well, I grabbed my wife's keys, hanging on the key hook, and went out to check the mail box.  The mailman hadn't delivered yet, he must be off and replaced, which means a later delivery. But that is okay, I have lots of time and now I have my keys. Seems they have spent the entire night and the morning hanging from the mailbox door.  My house key, car keys, the gun case keys, the mailbox key and keys I have forgotten the reason for... all there, patiently waiting my return. This getting old is tough.

Seems my excitement about a Christmas package, and talking to the crew chief cutting the timber just got in the way of taking my key and locking the mailbox. Bear with me, I can fix the Federal Debt but finding my keys is troubling... y'all have a great day!

Just don't leave us, common everyday things, hang around unappreciated we do have some utility, use us!

Nice neighborhood, no one used my missing keys against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment