Friday, August 31, 2012

You know, I missed it...

I was watching the beginning of Clint Eastwood's bit on the stage in Tampa, and my brother called on Sykpe.com and I took the call.

Yeah, family is very like that. I even cooked dinner and had it waiting for my wife's return from work last night, that was different, too. So I have demonstrated some positive efforts at rejoining humanity and the struggle. I have hope.

One of the things my brother talked about was how long it is taking to get his body and life back to normal. I reminded him that he is older and it takes longer to correct injuries, surgeries and bad habits. I should have paid more attention to my wisdom, because it has been true of me for my own recovery and at least I am accepting it better. Do you think the country is going to be gracious and patient enough to recover from its experiments beyond the Constitution?  People do it all the time, excesses of flings of fancy go over well if you are Earl or Prince Harry, provided you use the foolish stunts to flee to growing up and growing old and remembering when. Kind of difficult to keep playing a bad boy when you get fat, wrinkled and baggy... although there are many trying, constantly.

Now the country is an institution, a geographic location, a population of folks, an idea, and still young and too rough and strong but mostly loving... all the fires are still burning, not many have been put out although some seemed banked for future starts upon waking up.  Yep, a dangerous idea, and seemingly self centered and often out of control - which could be very dangerous.  Be humble and handle with care, you aren't finished with life yet. I like my country, but I am sure that chanting USA or saying the Greatest isn't going to make it better. Begin in bumble and humble, that gives you room for growth. There are choices and chances to change the day. You have to make them and work on the one you think will help, just being outside of Washington, DC and the government gives you a better perspective of the possible. Seems that everyone that goes to DC as anything but a tourist gets tainted and disoriented. They did drain the physical swamp and build the city, but I wonder if they have ever thought about the spiritual swamp that government is mired in?

Time to go on my way, and begin my day, talking about the future and government isn't as good as thanking the Lord and asking His attention to my efforts, so my time here is done. Back later.... be good for the best of reasons - because you can and the Lord loves it. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It was good, and he didn't even use a teleprompter! And yes, humble ALWAYS works better until the stick is needed!

    ReplyDelete