Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Taking part... in the political process...

 One of the candidates for Governor is a friend on Facebook, and sent out a reminder that our Primary is today, yesterday. So after clearing the table from dinner, my wife and I opened our ballots and the voter's pamphlet and started picking out the one we want for all those State and County offices.

We don't vote alike often. I did distract her and had a funny thought. I should have more voters on my Facebook Friends, from the local area. I could have told them all to write in my name and I might have become a County officer, or judge? Scary thought isn't it?

Still, I see much good in the FB contacts for all my reasons and I am certain that no one influenced my voting at the Polling Place... well drop box.

Since one of the drop boxes in by the library, I feel sorry for those that get confused and put their ballot into the book drop. I don't know what the staff would do, but if I were emptying the book return bin and found some envelopes - they would get put into the ballot box before  8 PM.

Should make sure our voters can read. It could be very important. I personally cannot remember not being able to read, and I have always worried about some soldiers that didn't read or write well. Very limiting in the modern military, very. The morning television is mumbling in my background and I notice that I am as excited about Romney's VP pick as he is about leading the country. I do have an answer for the whole tax challenge by the Democrats. For his entire life by year, just the number of dollars paid in taxes, along with the dollars of charitable donations. For every year... let them wonder about that. As a matter of fact, buy a page in the WSJ, with the numbers. I think that Harry is just losing his mind to accuse, indirectly, Mitt Romney of a crime too easily proven.

But then you did know that politicians don't get smarter with age and service? VOTE them all out.



1 comment: