Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Thursday! Smile, you too could be...

You could be better than me, of course. I had teenage dreams, and my wife filled in as a girl friend with lots of walking. Good dream, has no bearing on reality, but then it does take me back farther than the military ones do, maybe I am regressing to childhood?

I did finally finish the computer cave, and I flipped two switches last night and shut the entire network and all the lights and waiting off. Then took the hot shower and went to bed. This morning I turned on the classical music station, and that was nice, the system came back up after flipping switches and punching buttons, good? Caught up to the political news by reading the speeches of the VP candidate and Condi Rice- without the audience reactions, and noticed they weren't the level of Lincoln's Address. Today, I can listen to people maybe smarter than I (certainly in better clothing, makeup, paid much more, and produced and directed with staff to fill in all their blanks) as I find out how the world went without Now if Isaac will take its rain and move on up the Mississippi, life would be more interesting than listening to folks wail about life as they know it could be so much better.

Since my dreams were far behind the current it is very easy to compare life then, and life now. I had no computer(s), and less (much less) television. More books, more friends and longer conversations, and more things happening where I was. Diversions? Expending all my life in foolish pursuits of pleasures - unrealized?

Paul Ryan's son struggling to stay awake as his father performs! Go to sleep, kid, adults making threatening rants, go to sleep, nothing happening here. Time for breaking my fast, so fat I am, and get to exercising and finding that innocent life I once lived without those electronic distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment