Thursday, July 26, 2012

What can you do? Go outlaw...

Reading Tam's blog I find her recommending a title for her kindle, and I hit the link, bought the title (even after I found it by the author of the Flashman series - which I didn't like at all). After buying it, I had to schedule a trip to my local library, where my kindle loves to download politely. While there I picked up three paper books, Death of Kings, The Road to Rome, The People's War - looking forward to reading them. I do like to have more reading than I am capable of... but that is much better than listening to talking heads in the media, or the politicians that pretend they wanna be good to all my desires.  Really, I can get more from the written word than the emotional messages beating to the pulse of the commercial enterprises that pay the bills... and I hope that Amazon is smart enough to credit Tam with the buy, the computers are.

So if I am addicted to finding out what the rest of the world is doing, okay, limited by the size of the window, I can do something productive. You know, cook dinner, brew coffee, or prime my cartridges. Anything productive is better than the lack of importance on television. Pray for the Jackson family, and along the way, pray for all the families - the Jacksons aren't more important than all the other ones you know about, but we can all use the Lord's help.

Oh, the whole outlaw thing? Glad you asked, if there isn't a real difference between the two parties and candidates in our government. And the law against killing another human being is dishonored by the authorities, the mad men and women, and they tell us that what we need is another law on the people that were obeying the first one. Well, that won't work. Just sayin'.

So, I think that I trust you enough to allow you to be smarter, and stupider than I. That I trust you enough, to work hard to make your life better and that would mean my life will be better. Most people don't want to have POWER over me. When they had a real legal authority and responsibility to control me, it didn't go as well as they assumed it would. But then I was just doing that thing I thought was critical, telling the truth as I saw it, and working hard to fix problems. Not being a 'yes' man is tough on those with thin skins. I guess the answer I have is go around the government's goodness and do your best for all the correct reasons - not the politically correct reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment