Sunday, May 6, 2012

A name and the design...




  There is a slug on the porch step, I don't have its name to call it by - so I call it 'slug' and tell it to move on before a bird or my wife spots him. The slug probably didn't notice me or that I had addressed him, since his world view and purpose has so little to do with mine. But the slug is designed to fit a nitch in the cycle of life in the Great NorthWest, North America, planet Earth, Solar system and this galaxy. You do know the name of the slug or the galaxy, don't you? In what language or culture? You probably don't spend any time talking to slugs or trying to properly name the galaxy for postal delivery from intergalactics.

  It is not more than a perception but that was my slug, and it is my galaxy, my world and my life - temporarybut at this moment it is all mine. Given to me by God to make the very best of and use in love. Would be good of me to share it with you all, wouldn't it?

  Science and medical artists tell me that when I strip away the slug, the universe and all that I wasn't born with I am no more than the DNA and organic matter arranged by its design. It was a great design, so able to do more than I had ever thought, to survive where it was tough, to give and aid other organisms. To love, to be, and I have a name. Call me Earl, know that I am William Earl Dungey and have been called, sometimes falling short of the glory of the designer and the design, but I am trying.

Often noted on my blog, there was no government goodness used in the production of the name, nor of the design - just in the artificial limits placed upon it by well meaning officials in positions of limitless power, wish they would procrastinate about a hundred years. 

1 comment: