Thursday, April 12, 2012

Okay, I am a generous man...

Or so you could believe, as I finished my income taxes today and wrote the check that would make sure I had paid my fair share... I noticed that my wife and I had given more to charity - accounted for, and not accounted for - than we paid in federal income taxes. Sure we paid more taxes on property, sales tax, fuel tax and idle thought tax but those aren't big ones. To me that just proves that I follow God's guidance better than I follow the King's. And I don't seem to face fines and penalties if I don't come up with the tithe on time. God is good, and the King needs better promotions.

Politicians aren't to be trusted, since they act like we aren't to be trusted. If one has to whip the slaves to get them to build a monument, then they aren't really into the memorial or it is really bad art. If you have to threaten me to get me to produce a fair share, I must not think fair share for me is the same as fair share for you... but then - I like most of us 'people' don't KNOW many politicians, just not hanging around with them. They aren't walking along the road with me, shooting at the range with me, and only Ron Paul and some candidate for Governor think I am worth Facebook space... hmm.... that might mean I am smarter than they (all the others) than they are. But then I knew that, but what counts with me is being more honorable.

It is so easy to be more honorable in this day and age... the fools think you are old fashioned, quaint or certainly not to be trusted if you can't be threatened or bought... Sigh, they really never grow up, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment