Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You get what you pay for...

So, I have been playing games on the internet, for free and the game designers make sure I have to be flashed advertising from their clients. I am sure they worked into the programming a way to count the number of times I have gone from full screen game to messaging (which is when the ads show up on right and above my game view. Sigh, all this computing power to tempt old men that know better into financial transactions they don't have job, money or time for. That is the reason the good looking blond is on the ad for mortgage refinancing, isn't it? I don't know, I really don't read or click on any of them. I stay focused. In every case of why something is happening, somewhere, you can follow the money.

That could be the reason that I don't watch a lot of television for entertainment, commercial interruptions - happier buying a used DVD and watching it without the excess. Then they saw that they could put previews and ads at the start of the DVD, the end of the DVD, and with the cooperation of the producer and director make sure that there were products displayed in the story from sponsors.

Makes me wonder why I bought the display, the cable service, the internet access, the better reading glasses. Hearing loss has dropped my demand for better audio, I can't hear parts of that production, but I am still in the hunt for input, to stir my mind, to satisfy and amuse me. And then complain about it.

Turn it off and go for a walk about, say hello, look close, smile more and remember that Mount Rainier hasn't got very large letters on it telling the world it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment