Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Day one of breaking my addiction... I have done it before... always hard, always worth it...

   Government action got the fool boy buying first two packs of Marlboro, since a State Trooper gave a warning of a crackdown on underage cigarette buying - so I started smoking just to show them, I was sixteen, smart or so I thought. Eight years later, after foreign adventures, marriage and stuff I quit in 1972, without help. When you quit I notice how willing everyone is to give you a another cigarette.  I really resisted government goodness to improve my life, mainly cause I had a mother and would get my own wife. I love to think I was smart enough to quit to reduce my tax burden, I am but they have more people thinking of more ways to tax me. Always more.

   The treadmill repairman came on time, masked and gloved, did a fine quick job adjusting verifying and closing the machine back up.  I will have to start working out again. But really it is for my wife, she has always been better about walking on it in the rain, most summer it doesn't get used.

  Went from .380 back to 45 APC, since I have enough of my basic three cartidges1: 45, 22 LR, 30-06. Yes, I know I bought 5.56 mm but those are only for emergency use only, as I get older I might forget one day.


l

   

1 comment:

  1. The basics are still the basics. Walk for health, .45/30-06/.22 for all your other needs. :-)

    ReplyDelete