Saturday, August 31, 2019

I seem to have writer's block, which is causing failure to engage in life activities....

First party date, son's wedding
   My mind whirls on, and on. Jumping from the NRA leadership failures, absolute power corrupts absolutely... etc...to Congress, the Staffing of Washington, DC. Roman History and Arthurian legends and truths in generals....

  Make eggs and stuff, drive off to a church meeting about AWANAs, get schedules and training material, start to lay out my year calendar -- always pretending that another medical adventure won't interrupt. Dennis Tabb and Daniel Oh and I met with Pastor Nathan. I next need to start engaging in RWVA Appleseed events again. But today, I am off to the range for my AR-15A4 familiarization, zero and back to repack my vehicle and help my wife with household maintenance. Local area has the LeMay Family Autoshow at Marymount. Nice place to visit today, but not for me. Today also starts the Washington State Fair. They will start advertising it as 'Do the Puyallup' later, as if the fair is not as important as the rides, food and shows.

Fire Base Phoenix, Tien Phouc, RVN 1971 
  It is all important, don't have to turn on an electronic digital distraction device for entertainment. Dennis was missing his cellphone when he showed up to the meeting, had to borrow Pastor Nathan's to call his wife and find out if it was in his computer area. She didn't answer not recognizing the calling number (way to go, telemarketeers and robocalls!) She finally picked up and I heard half of a discussion about it could have been an emergency. My own failures to answer, being slow or not wanting to answer came immediately to mind so I was on Mrs. Tabb's side. Too many years of being on the end of a radio signal, or landline and knowing the other party isn't as concerned about your wants, needs nor effectiveness as you are. Write me a letter, give me the battle plan and the resources and get out of my way. Ha, ha, ha! Next time you see Mel Gibson in 'We were Soldiers' go get the book and read the last half, about the other battalions engagements with the same enemy.. cause it didn't stop when he got on that last helicopter.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent point about We were soldiers... Great book! And disconnecting from time to time is good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am convince that the digital distraction fills voids, but produces not lasting joy. Back to work.

      Delete