Saturday, May 11, 2013

The story line is 'Jack did this and saved the day!'....

But we don't really build many Jack models in our systems. Too afraid of them. Fairy tales all had lots of Jack, Giant Killer, and often a knave or a fool for some lovely maiden somewhere. But he wouldn't have made it through our current education establishment, not without being drugged into useless. Ever wonder at modern authors that use Jack (Reacher and Ryan) to identify their main character - almost seems lazy.

The recent saving of the three women, once innocent girls in Ohio - always brings up the question, why didn't they escape earlier? Forgetting years of conditioning to go along to get along, Oprah's sage advice to cooperate with the criminal and survive! It is just common sense. If the evil one has any to use... evil wouldn't be so bad, would he? The Spartan Boys Academy was spartan - one couldn't have any good stuff unless one stole it, won it or was willing to fight for it - duh, and that nation state produced little in art and literature, but they sure could fight and die well.

It is cultural, wanting the right answer, the proper response to keep the wheels turning in production of good stuff. Most government thrives on acceptance of the status of its people working harmoniously. Why they work harmoniously is very important - slavery works, serfdom works, communism works, fascism works, republics with participatory responsibility works. Families work, couples work, friends work.... lots of ways to make things work.  Since change is certain, flexibility would be an asset - and one needs more Jacks for more flexibility. But we have difficulty producing them, accepting them, and encouraging them and their testing their powers.

Just thought you should know, that Jesus Christ's gentile name was Jack. Just a thought.




I am sure that you can't tell, but my day hasn't been as planned. I did sleep in,  and all the normal start.  Then I decided not to take my M1 to the range to shoot today, ammunition being okay but not perfect.  So why did perfect start slowing me down - perfect has never been a good reason for failure to perform to standards. I ignored it and loaded up, farewelled my wife and went to the range and took the little video above, every position filled, lots of friends, families and firearms and no space for Earl.  There just aren't enough public nor semi-public ranges for all the folks that want to shoot. I should have bought a farm or a large wasteland.

Okay, off to get a short haircut, I get the only male barber and he doesn't cut it short enough but does still ask to attack my eyebrows. The day isn't going badly, I keep my unkempt eyebrows, a hidden trait of Jacks everywhere. I pick up a Mother's Day card, for my wife, my mother being missed here on earth - but I am sure Heaven has been interesting since she showed up. I look and find a pair of work pants in brown that I will spend money on, twenty-five dollars and I think I paid too much but then I might have to adjust my perception of the value of a dollar today.

I go to the YMCA, to get some time on the machines in, make my body hard and burn all that flabby fat, keeping an eye out for the beautiful.  But it is Saturday, and most folks are out and about enjoying the Summer time promise, without heat. If I clean up well, early enough I can head back to the range, should be empty by 2:30... or almost.  It wasn't, still full up. They did pause for an hour and a half for something that was happening somewhere else on post, a welcome back or a memorial for some deserving heroes. It is still bringing happiness to my heart to see so many happy safe shooters, where is the main stream media? Oh, I forgot, they don't cover good stuff only awful stuff - and then repeat it over and over.

Well, back to home base, find my wife has brought more plants and flowers, will make me lunch and tell me what she has done. Love life is truly a life of love... can go shoot another day.

About nurturing 'Jacks' everywhere - I think a man must tell tales of adventure, encourage risk, and promote thinking outside the box - and always tell them to escape! Down the rabbit hole if needed, get out and do - meet folks and lend a helping hand. Read! Visit your library and make sure you ask the Reference Librarian for the tales of Jack in your reading level.

You don't know Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Those Jacks are indeed wonderful and essential and there are so few of them now.

    ReplyDelete